The Future of Astrology
by Maurice Fernandez
As the leader of OPA and having travelled the world to different astrology communities and witnessed the different approaches and mentalities, the breakthroughs and crises, and the general development of our practice, I’m fairly optimistic about our next potential, and also, fairly lucid about what may sabotage the growth of our practice and culture.
Looking at the upcoming transits, we can identify what the coming cycles have to say about key moments in the near future of Astrology.
Astrology seems to be prominently symbolized by the planet Uranus and the sign of Aquarius, as well as the cyclic rhythm of the Jupiter/Uranus cycle. In the book The Professional Astrologer, I have also referred to important breakthroughs in the field, occurring during Uranus to Nodal axis conjunctions (and other major aspects to each other).
We can notice these upcoming configurations to possibly represent key moments in Astrology’s development:
- 2017 – The Jupiter/Uranus opposition in Libra/Aries
- 2020 (Dec 21) – The 20 year Jupiter/Saturn conjunction at 0 Aquarius
- 2022 (August 1) – Uranus conjunct the North Node at 18 Taurus
- 2023-2043 – Pluto in Aquarius
- 2024 (April 21) – Jupiter/Uranus conjunct at 21 Taurus