OPA Education Foundation – 501C3
This new non-profit has been incorporated by OPA to serve the needs of the members for retreats, conferences, lectures and workshops, magazine, books and other educational materials. The directors were chosen by the 2020-2022 OPA Board to continue the work of providing these educational opportunities for OPA members.
The President is responsible for running and overseeing all aspects of OPA’s activities.
- This includes all talks, workshops, speaker events, finances, marketing, by-law review, organizational development, publications, and conferences.
- Represents OPA—its core values and programs—with dignity and respect.
- Drafts agendas for Board of Directors and team meetings.
- Facilitates Board of Directors and team/committee meetings.
- Creates Board teams and committees as needed and makes personnel appointments.
- Responsible for visioning and strategic planning.
- Writes quarterly President’s Column for The Evolving Astrologer.
- Coordinates between OPA and other astrology organizations, including UAC
Vice President’s Role:
- Assumes President’s duties when President is unable to do so for any reason.
- Backs up and supports the President’s responsibilities on the Board and is a confidant and sounding board for the President.
- Assists and supports other Board Members with their tasks. Assumes any role necessary when designated director is unable to.
- Mediates when parties are conflicted.
- Leads with the President OPA’s Ethics Committee
- Maintains a positive balance in the account
- Oversees preparation of fiscal reports to be distributed at Board Meetings
- Oversees payment of bills and maintenance of OPA checking account by the Operations Manager and Bookkeeper
- Coordinates with accountants to file OPA Foundation’s annual IRS tax returns
- Works with the Operations Manager to prepare the annual budget
Recording Secretary’s Role:
- Sets up Board meetings, records and takes notes, and prepares Minutes of each meeting for approval by Board
- Sets up conference calls and organizes other meetings as needed.
- Takes minutes for the annual Board Meeting, and any other significant organization meeting, and archives them.
Marketing Director’s Role:
- Creates vision for all of OPA’s marketing activities
- Coordinates and oversees board members and assistants in all areas of marketing.
- Sets up Facebook Events & Groups — monitors advertising on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Promotes all education activities including presentations, workshops, conferences and retreats
- Works with all consultants regarding advertising
Online Outreach Director’s Role:
- Organizes and hosts the Speaker Series
- Trains and supervises event moderators
- Maintains OPA’s continual visibility with the public.
- Assumes the functions of the Program Director when necessary.
- Introduces OPA to the greater astrology community and the general public.
Education Director’s Role:
- Oversees the vision for all of OPA’s Educational programs
- Oversees OPA Certification events (along with the OPA board, assistants and OPA Membership team): Peer Group, Consulting Skills, and Astronomy for Astrologers.
- Oversees conference and retreat production
- Ensures Zoom links and Emails are created and scheduled for all events
Publications Director’s Role:
- Leads and oversees the production of The Evolving Astrologer four times a year, online and in print.
- Oversees other OPA publications, online and in print.
- Responsible for the maintenance and distribution of OPA promotional materials.
Media Director’s Role:
- Maintains YouTube video library
- Oversees all recordings of events and ensures correct distribution or uploading
- Assists with educational activities
- Supports writing and editing projects
Satellite Director’s Role:
The Satellite Director is in charge of all international satellite activities, ensuring they are supported to offer webinars, OPA Café’s, translation of articles, certification trainings in their language, and all other needed support.
Program Director’s Role:
The Program Director is in charge of Mercury Hour and other lectures, workshops and events, managing the speaker selection process with a selection team, and ensuring that events operate smoothly.
Kay Taylor President
Kay is a full-time consulting astrologer, teacher, and author. She has been involved with OPA for many years and joined the Board in 2018 as the Education Director, supervising and developing OPA’s certification program and has been in the role of President since 2020.
In her personal practice, Kay Taylor offers a transformational view of astrology, weaving together a unique integration of evolutionary astrology, intuitive mastery, yoga philosophy, and the spiritual psychology of psychosynthesis. She teaches this synthesis as a certification program in her Soul Path School and is a respected conference lecturer and OPA faculty member. Kay is certified by OPA, ISAR and NCGR and has maintained a thriving practice for over 35 years, touching the lives of many throughout the world.
Her book, Soul Path Way, was published in 2016, and she contributed chapters to the OPA books, The Professional Astrologer (2015) and Essential Astrology (2023).
She is on the Board of Kepler College and is dedicated to serving the astrology community, continuing to work through OPA to enhance professionalism in the field of astrology, fostering diversity, accessibility, and consciousness, and a stronger support system for both astrology students and practitioners.
Based in the SF Bay Area
Vice President & International Director
Magalí, MSW, is a Mexican-Guatemalan evolutionary astrologer, spiritual counselor and shamanic practitioner. She offers astrological and healing services in English and Spanish, in person and in the virtual space. As a parent, writer and climate activist, Magali believes we begin to heal the world by healing ourselves, which has an impact on our families, communities and the Earth.
Magali has been serving OPA as an appointed director since the fall of 2021, assisting with the Consulting Skills program, and taking on the role of Ethics Director at that time. In the 2022-2024 term, she steps up to Vice-President, supporting the President, leading the International Satellites, and continuing to provide direction on the Ethics Committee.
Based in Santa Cruz, CA
Cathy Gnatek is a certified Hellenistic Astrologer with a private practice in St. Paul, Minnesota. She is a former corporate trial lawyer with a master’s in clinical psychology and a former member of the board of the Minnesota Jung Association.
With Mercury, Uranus, Pluto, and Sun on the midheaven, her life has been full of twists, turns, and constant transformation. Since quitting her job as a corporate trial lawyer in 2000, her life has centered on the spiritual path. She has studied a variety of different thinkers who explored their inner lives and asked questions about who we are beyond what we know of ourselves from our family and culture.
For Cathy, astrology is about getting to know your soul: who you are when you pull off all the layers of who the world wants you to be. She understands the very real magic of astrology readings—the way they allow a person to see themselves reflected in the way the stars and planets were aligned at the moment of birth.
Taylor Shuler Recording Secretary
Taylor, a tiny house owner, digital nomad, and one of OPA’s Most Promising Astrologers of 2022, offers client consultations, specializing in life purpose, career, and locational astrology. Taylor joins the OPA Board this term as Recording Secretary with intention to use her business background to enhance the OPA vision, events and Ethical Guidelines.
Taylor completed the AFAN Mentorship Program for professional astrologers, is in progress to obtain professional certification from OPA, and the Horary Practitioner Certificate from the School of Traditional Astrology (STA). She practices a liberal arts approach to astrology, integrating Hellenistic, Evolutionary, Locational, Psychological, Vedic and Shamanic traditions, and regenerative permaculture ethics and design principles.
Taylor brings a multidisciplinary background to the OPA Board, including her experience making corporate business management more holistic by incorporating lessons from the natural world. Her education includes a Bachelor in Sociology from Tulane University, a Master in Cross-Cultural and Sustainable Business Management from the American University of Paris, a Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) from Permaculture UK, and she a Senior Certified Professional in Human Resources from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-SCP). Taylor is a member of OPA, AFAN, AYA, ISAR and NCGR and has supported the Queer Astrology Conference (QAC).
Based in Arizona & Florida
Lori Barnes Marketing Director
Lori started studying modern astrology in 1994, and has incorporated traditional astrology since 2017. Lori mixes her background in psychotherapy, positive psychology and program management with modern and traditional astrology to offer an eclectic mix of private practice services that include coaching, mentoring and consultation to help people navigate their life calling.
Lori is the Marketing Director for Kepler College and teaches the course ‘Marketing for Astrologers’ there. She served on the AFAN Steering Committee from 2019 and assisted in the merger with OPA in 2022, where she serves as the Marketing Director starting in 2024. It is a natural progression to now be OPA Foundation’s Director of Marketing as of 2024.
She has a MA in Marketing and Communication, MA in Psychology, is a Licensed Psychotherapist, and holds a BA in Business Management.
Based in Italy & US
Carol Dimitrov Outreach Director
A former Certified Chiropractic Assistant, practicing Applied Kinesiology and Touch for Health, Carol also worked in Social Services and as a Senior Education Manager for building and developing luxury brands. She worked throughout the US and Canada before retiring to have more time for her astrological and metaphysical work. She is listed in the book, 2016 United States Best, Most Honest, and Most Popular Lightworkers.
Carol continues her work with organizing and moderating OPA’s webinar presentations, her liquid velvet voice a favorite.
Based in Las Vegas, Nevada
Nancy Auspelmyer Education Director
Nancy is a Life Journey Guide and Spiritual Travel Facilitator, who has been blending intuitive guidance with Evolutionary Astrology for decades to explore the life journey, and foster nurturing environments for seekers from every walk of life across the globe.
She is pleased to join the OPA Board, offering her passion for encouraging people to strive for their potential by stretching beyond their comfort zones. Nancy believes that every encounter has the potential to change us in ways we might not have imagined.
Many years of expertise and experience are woven into her guidance sessions, teaching, writing, and spiritual journeys. She aims to enlighten, awaken, and facilitate personal growth and global change. Her diverse background includes decades in Engineering and Quality Management, giving Nancy a unique ability to bridge the gap between cognitive reasoning and metaphoric insight, and to translate complex spiritual concepts into usable form.
Based on the East Coast
Giulio Pellegrini Publications Director
Giulio Pellegrini is a Los Angeles-based astrologer specializing in esoteric, psychological, and evolutionary astrology, enriched by Jungian, aesthetic, and existential studies. He has studied with the School of Traditional Astrology and the Faculty of Astrological Studies, in addition to extensive self-guided research. A prominent lecturer, he’s presented at major conferences and academic institutions like the Northwest Astrological Conference and the University of Michigan. Giulio is the Publications Director for OPA’s Evolving Astrologer Magazine and previously led the Association for Astrological Networking.
Based in Los Angeles
Robert is a practicing evolutionary astrologer based in Maine and is very pleased to be on the OPA Board for the 2022-2024 term to support its mission to advance professional astrology. He comes from a background in education, having taught English in China and to immigrants in New York City, before working as an instructional librarian with students in California. He was also a founder and board member of Queer Contra Dance, a popular community folk dance in the San Francisco Bay Area. Robert holds an MA in Education and a Masters in Library and Information Science.
Based in Maine
Based in Chicago
Based in Boston